Wednesday 30 March 2011

All clouds...

I just got off the phone with Tinge Krishnan, the director my Uncle had put me in touch with.  I sent her a Facebook message just over a week and a half ago and was expecting to have to just cold call her, until she sent me a text 20 minutes ago asking me to ring her whenever I wanted.

I jumped at the opportunity and rang her almost immediately.  She said that she had quickly read my Facebook message despite being very busy and would be pleased to help me out.  According to her, I'm best to get working on a film music and sound design portfolio, which is something I had planned to do as soon as my University work is finished.  She also said that she would be happy for me to come and act as runner on the set of her next shoot, which is possibly for an advert in May, and that if I emailed her my CV she would pass it on to the sound designers who worked on her feature film, 'Junkhearts', in the hope that they might give me some work experience.

All in all it was great hearing from her, she seemed really nice and willing to help me out, and more importantly genuine.  I'm glad I went ahead and rang her.  I really feel like I have a good ability to make and seize opportunities and will look to continue this in to the future.  The phonecall has more than made up for what happened yesterday and so, with renewed positivity, I soldier on with the final mix for 'In Heaven' in preparation for the EP Launch in 5 days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment