Thursday 3 March 2011

Broadening horizons...

I've been looking recently at branching out from the Music Production side of things in to Film Audio as well.  I have never been one to put all my eggs in one basket and since I have always been at least as fanatical about film as I have been about music, it is definitely an avenue I would look at going down.

I have just come back from a short trip to Edinburgh where I was staying with my uncle for a few days.  He has put me in touch, through facebook, with a director called Tinge Krishnan who he knows.  Googling her reveals that she has not only directed a music video for Dido, but won a BAFTA for her short film 'Shadowscan', and is currently in the post-production stage of her debut feature film 'Junkhearts' which is due for release this year.  She said that she'd be happy to speak to me and has passed on her mobile number. 

I'm not great at calls so I will probably send her a facebook message tomorrow and see if I might get some insight in to a career in the Film industry.  If I could gain some work experience through her or some of her contacts that would be great.  So fingers crossed for a reply.  If not.  My awkward phone demeanor will have to be put to the test!

No comments:

Post a Comment