Saturday 26 March 2011

Bad news...

I woke up this morning at 8:30am for the photoshoot with Stephen and the rest of Jeanie in the Radiator, only to get some bad news.  Stephen had texted me late in the night to tell me that his daughter had been taken to hospital very ill yesterday and he wasn't yet sure if he would be able to get away to do the photoshoot.  To be honest, I couldn't do anything but send a text back wishing his daughter all the best for a full recovery and assume we wouldn't be shooting today at all.

These kinds of situations are difficult, because obviously Stephen's family need him and none of us would argue that for a second, but at the same time we have a deadline to meet and so it was up to me to get my business head on and sort something out.  Fortunately, my girlfriend happens to be a very good photographer so it didn't take much to find a replacement.  However, we would have to possibly find a new location, as Stephen had planned the shoot to take place this morning at Sound Control in Manchester, but with even less time to sort something out, it is doubtful that they will have the time to accommodate us once more.

Stephen is still hopeful that he might be free next week to rearrange, but that is the last weekend possible to get this done so I'm reluctant to take the chance.  I also don't want to put any pressure on him, but I will see what he says midweek.

I know I can adapt things to ensure our deadline is met.  The only time things haven't worked out for me in the past have been when I have taken too big a risk on similar decisions.  And so, though I will see what unfolds over the next few days, I have 'plan B' very much in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment