Tuesday 1 March 2011

EP Launch...

Beatbullyz support slot behind us, I have now turned my full attention towards my Major Project, the Jeanie in the Radiator EP Launch.

Over the last few weeks things have started to develop a lot quicker.  I have booked the venue, Nexus Art Cafe, and have got to give in my deposit in the next few weeks.  It is a great space with a relaxed atmosphere, lots of comfy chairs and a nice cafe service with a decent stage which will be perfect for a JITR acoustic set.

As far as the event itself is concerned, I was originally planning a 'Jeanie in the Radiator showcase'.  I would have an acoustic performance by the band as well as an extended play of the record, small photography exhibition and video installation to tie in with the band's music.  However, it has changed slightly with the news that Swansea Love Story have had to cancel their March EP Launch as their venue cancelled the event.  I have used this to my advantage and offered them to play with us and share our EP Launch so that now I will be presenting two pieces of work I have produced to an audience at the event.

The running order will be something like:


  •  Swansea Love Story 30 minute set
  •  Break to give people time to enjoy cafe and photography exhibit. 
  •  Video installation along with playing of the Jeanie in the Radiator EP.
  •  Jeanie in the Radiator 30 minute acoustic set.

We are also getting custom USB wristbands made for the event with our logo on them.  I'll load our EP on to the wristbands and have planned it so that we will give a free USB wristband to the first 40 people at the door and after that, we will be selling them for about £3.  It is costing us quite a lot for the USBs but hopefully people will see them as a bit of a one off limited item, as well as getting the music they will be getting a souvenir of the event; and we will make our money back.  

I'm meeting with the photographer who will be putting together a small display for the Launch in the next few days to organise a photoshoot.  But so far all is going well, if a little slowly.  I am confident everything will get done, it is just going to be a bit of a rush and push towards the end....as these things always are.

No comments:

Post a Comment